Vink hydromatic footbath
This walk-through foot bath consists of two adjacent channels through which your medication or disinfectant is pumped at great speed. When the cows walk through the channels, the liquid is sprayed forcefully against the feet and heel removing contamination from wounds and the interdigital space. The powerful jets spray the medication into the hard-to-reach areas between the cow’s toes and behind her heel. The hydromatic foot bath uses two divided channels which helps the cows to walk slowly through the 3 metre long bath. This process allows the treatment sufficient time to penetrate her feet thoroughly. There is a small holding tank connected to the channels which contains 15 litres (4 gallons) of liquid. This holding tank is constantly replenished by a reservoir located elsewhere in the barn.
The cows quickly become familiar with the tray, however it is recommended that cows walk through the dry foot bath twice before the spray mechanism is put into operation. The two divided channels help the cows to walk slowly and carefully through the 3 metre long bath. This process allows the treatment sufficient time to penetrate her feet thoroughly. The unit is activated when the cow enters the foot bath. As the cow walks through the foot bath and receives her treatment, the water is filtered with a sieve and brush to separate the solid contaminants from the liquid and recycles the water back into the small holding tank which is continuously topped up to 15 litres (4 gallons) from the reservoir, which is already filled with water and a disinfectant or medication. This maintains the quality of the treatment from the first cow until the last cow. Per cow you will loose approx. ¾ litre liquid which will automatically be re-filled. The system can be connected to the mains. A medicine pump will add the correct amount of disinfectant.
Another possibility is to connect the system to a reservoir which contains water mixed with disinfectant or medication which is located elsewhere in the barn. The system is constantly replenished by this reservoir.
The 3.2 metre foot bath is completely stainless steel
Permanently installed after exit from the milking parlour.
For curative treatment: 3 to 7 x per week Preventative treatment: 1x per week
Approx. 4 litre (1 gallon) per 5 cows. Remember, the hydromatic foot bath is automatically cleaned and the waterrecycled and refilled continuously.
From research in the field it appears that after 6 weeks of curative treatment of the cows, the desirable results will be achieved.
• Powerful jets spray the liquid against the cow’s foot and heel for deep cleaning in the critical interdigital space
• The design and length of the channels help the cows to walk slowly, therefore achieving intensive cleaning and penetration
• The filtration techniques along with continuously adding new liquid to the holding tank preserves the quality of the treatment from the first cow to the last cow.
• No manual work – the system cleans and fills itself automatically
• The system is solidly constructed entirely of stainless steel
• All substances that are soluble in water can be used
• Water consumption is low – Approx. 4 litre (1 gallon) per 5 cows.